Transfer credit may be given for courses completed at other postsecondary institutions when they are determined to be equivalent in both scope and content to a class offered at the Franklin Institute of Wellness. To be eligible for transfer credit, the following requirements apply:
- The transfer credit must be earned from a postsecondary institution recognized by the Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. FIW does not accept hours or credits earned through achievement tests or experiential learning.
- A minimum grade of “C” or its equivalent must be earned in the course under consideration.
- To apply for transfer credit, submit the Transfer Credit Request form, along with evidence to support the request for transfer of credit, including official transcripts and course syllabi or other supporting documents that can establish course equivalency.
- Required documentation must be submitted to the Registrar during the application process or no later than 7 days before the start of school. Coursework completed at another postsecondary institution while a student is enrolled at FIW will not be accepted for transfer credit. Only coursework completed prior to initial registration may be accepted.
- Transfer credit is only applied for courses that are equivalent in both scope and content to those required for FIW programs. Note that a course may have a similar title to one offered by FIW (such as Aromatherapy 101 or Anatomy & Physiology), but that does not necessarily mean that the coursework is equivalent.
- Up to 30% of course requirements may be transferred in for credit towards a program at FIW.
- Course hours which were earned previously at FIW, including hours earned for the completion of a program, will be accepted for transfer credit towards another program. To receive transfer credit, applicants may be required to take a written or oral exam to determine proficiency.
FIW reserves the right to accept or deny any or all course hours earned at another institution. If an applicant’s request for transfer of credits is denied he/she may appeal the decision within two weeks following the receipt of the formal notification. Appeals shall be sent to the director and must include justification and additional evidence to support equivalency of the course in question. The Director will have two weeks to consider the appeal. Appeal decisions are final.
There is a $2 per contact hour fee for transferring credits from another institution into a program at FIW. This is due after equivalency has been determined and the transfer credit is accepted. This fee is non-refundable and is due with the enrollment fee. There is no fee for transfer of credit requests for classes which are denied. After acceptance, tuition adjustments will be based on the per clock hour value of the tuition charged. Transfer credits do not count towards the student’s GPA and will be entered on the student’s transcripts as Transfer Credit (TC).